20 September 2005

My new name Olala

"My name is Luka. I live on the second floor; I live upstairs from you. Yes, I think you've seen me before...." -- de SUZANNE VEGA

Your name is just words; your identity is related to image.
The image can be cultural, individual, communal and consequencial.
Our names bear our identities; words are not simply words and image does not serve as mere functions.
Just think about the situation: To those who you regard as friends tend to forget your name from time to time, will you be upset because you may think that they don't take you as friends as you do to them? Will you start to question: "why don't they remember my name? Is it too dificult to remember or is it too trivial to remember?" Or perhaps your name does not mean anything to them. You name does not ring any bell to them because your identity is not any important matter to them? Or, it is because of their poor capacity of recalling names, as simple as that.
This question always facinates me as I am the one that tend to perplex a subject plain in itself.

My name is Olala. I live else-where from the planet of earth. I think most people don't know me at all even though they pretend to or believe they do. People exclaims "Olala" when they come across something magnificent or surprising. I refuse to take answers (to my questions) or reactions (to my sharing) like, "(I've) been there, done that; you'll get used to it...."
I am the unique me, as normal as that, as abnormal as anyone could be as well. Just don't deem me as everyone else, for everyone would love to be treated as an individual, not special, but non-identical. Olala is probably better than names like Alicia, Benecia, Cecilia, Delia, Elia, Felicia, Gloria, Hestia, Idalia, Julia, Kezia, Lumia, Mia, Nadia, Pamelia, Questia, Rosalia, Sophia, Tania, Urania, Valencia, Willa, Xaria, Yetta, Zelia and et cetera.