26 December 2004

Being busy is a bliss

In a time like this,
being busy is a bliss.
It means you have the capacity and character to
be relied on and be trusted in.
It's been a long time since I wrote the last entry of weblog.
Now, with the time passing by, I found myself lost in the time and suddenly realize that chances are, the time I linger here in this land is approaching to a "." yes a period, literrally.
Time goes on, I am getting old. Life goes on, I am aging gold.
Students kept pushingly asking me why I am still single.
I pouted and responded with a playful and aggressive attitude, trying to make a twist in their mind of that conservative attitude toward women's doom and the so-called normalcy of femininity and fate.
Indeed, I could have married into money; I could have lived a good life as an obedient daughter that could have married into money and be a wealthy and supportive spouse in a billionaire's family.
But I choose to be busy and work for my own bread; I choose to be independent and have my own way.
Is that a mistake? I don't know, but I do know that I am happy this way.
And that's what counts for me now.