15 May 2003

The last day

If this is the last day living on earth, what would you do?
Remember our promises to each other: leave a vedio tape to each other!
My dearest, don't be afraid of death, for everone of us is supposed to face it.
It is just a matter of time and the question of how it takes place.
Fear not at death but embrace it with smile and your tape.

You've promised to me that you'd leave it to me. In the tape, you'd tell me how you've been living with yourself, how you cope with time, your loneliness and your dream, even if there is few.
You've said that you want to live the best of every day, whereas I told you that I'd live as if I would die tomorrow.
I heard that you've found someone to share your secrets with and spend your life with.
Feeling sad or umb, I don't know. But I do realize the emptiness that you told me about.
That emptiness burns even when I am surrounded with people or events that I need to cope with; the emptiness that even when I'm laughting, it could trigger the hidden sorrow.
I should have been prepared foryour engagement, yet I can't stand the thought that someone gets to spend the life with you and breathe with your care and love.
You've never told me that you didn't love me, nor have you asked me to give up on you.
Perhaps you're more selfish and greedy that you've thought you'd be.