"Meet Cixous." She said. Holding out a baby to me.
It's not a real baby; it's one of the most updated technology, which they incorporated 3D printing to "print out" the look of the fetus, based on the 4D ultrasound.
She was unearthly gorgeous. She looks incredulously alert with her googly eyes as if they were actually wondering around, being curious. So unlike a real baby. (Well, to be more exact, she's just a couple month fetus.)
They first found her when I was five month pregnant. I was not at all aware of it, until a visit to the clinic in order to get consultation on the irregularity of my menstrual cycle.
Then months later, she held out this printing. Not merely a flat printing; it's a solid, three dimensional one.
"Oh, she's perfect!" I exclaimed. I was choked with my own tears. But there's no one beside me to share my joy.
I went home and showed the printing to BD. He was overjoyed. I wondered whether he knew that he's gonna be a big brother, but he seemed to be overwhelmed. After all, we were still working on handing excitement in a more appropriately way.
Then a lot of things happened. I didn't know why because the following scenarios were all dashing through in a blur.
One moment we were crying in each other's arms, with me blurting out with tears of joy. "Oh, it's perfect; it's perfect!! Now it's all complete. Our family. With one son and one daughter, it's totally a realization of the character 'hao' (Good)."
And then the next, I was taking the public transportation and suddenly I felt a big light headed, but such tremendous pressure. My eyes alighted on my belly and I was astonished to find my bulge was gone. I collapsed.
Then I woke up.
It was the first day of the lunar new year. And she came back to me, like the couple of times she had been visiting me from time to time in the past years.