
Don't say you understand what I have been through
Don't flatter yourself with the word of "understanding"
The difference between apology and sorry is quite beyond your grasp
The noun is never a verb without -ize
The adjective contains dubiety, including regret and pity, out of courtesy
And you will not learn what's called empathy until you step into people's shoes
you will never catch the pain, the fear and the tears of losing control
Trazodone is the name of the pill I take
Psychosis is the diagnosis they've made
There are more I keep it within me
Like the darkness and brightness that blindfold me in the confinement
the scanning ultrasonic hypnotizing waves and laser beams
floating and glowing from beyond and all around
my ears, my eyes and the blankness within me
that's the requiem they played in the MRI room
that's how they measured how long I would last
without stern discussion with me, the one that has kept all secrecy.
I cannot snap, can't burst out my anger nor sadness
lest they see me, they know me, and they tear me apart with
the conclusion of keeping me institutionalized
And now, you tell me you understand, and then you say you've been there and done that
Been where? Done what? You bear the name that is different from mine.
I don't give a dime
whether you are full of yourself or just the confidence you've got.
But never, never squander your generosity at me and tell me
You are sorry, but no apology...