22 August 2009

Jane, I miss you.


Received a mail from Jane, telling me that she's been participating in a geology textbook translation project.
I recalled the day in the conference room.
Right on the stage, the presenters fired up various gadgets for demonstration.
Below at the last row of the seats, Jane and I were doodling and chitchatting via sign languages. After all, it's lingua ppl's rendezvous and I am a litppl and Jane is the media inbetween.
In the Café, Donnie, Jane and I were talking about the distinction and discrepancy between lipple and linguappl over our midnight coffee. We laughed so hard for all the puns and word games in our twisted conversation. Creation and imagination are the key ingredient in every gathering like that.

The parting of Jane was so abrupt and disturbing that I did not even prepare myself for it at all.

"Do not feel ashamed of the farewell, or lack of.
Come on, it's what was happening in the four odd months that really counts,
not what happened in the last few days..."

That's Jane. The fun Jane. The naughty Jane. And the cutest friend Jane ever that I'll miss the most.