Time flies and this blog has been idlized.
Now that the summer is gonna end, it's high time that I made a note of what's worth remembering.
A couple of events took place during the past two months. To begin with, I came home for summer visit. It has been two years since my last homecoming. A lot have changed in Kaohsiung, where I grew up and stayed till I was eighteen. This harbour city has got its own Mass Rapid Transit system now, for instance. Quite a few buildings have been bulldozed and built over the past twenty four months in Taichung, such as the construction of the greenery building of Eslite in downtown Taichung. In addition, I found less public trash bins in Taipei city and the mopeds that used to be parked as if they were overlapping, on top of each other, have now tidied up and lined up in their own spaces in streets. And the most impressive of all, my people really get to be going green and even more eco-conscious, which I will dedicate another entry to.
During the two months, I attended a fashion collection, a KTV gathering, a drinking gathering, a B-day gathering with my former students, a Brunch gathering with my old sweet comrades and new friend, an island treasure hunt, a foreign excursion and a total survival task of exploring at the heart of my new hometown. During the past seventy four days, I get to know an old friend in a new light, a few new friends with some old memories, a couple of good friends with some old and new good times. I even get to know who I adore and became a fan of, a celebrity. As I get closer to the limelights, I get to realize how lucky I was to be in that place before and have got out of that circle of life without any damage.
Time elapsed, even though some family turmoil has almost done me some fault that I did seriously think of flying back to where my heart has always been, I stood to the last and survived the "dream trip" to France. Even though it was really a huge challenge for me to use my rusty french tongue all the way, and even though I was forced to deal with something and someone's unexpected (at times, unreasonable as well) demands and reactions, I am glad to say that I made it to the trip and now I have no regrets to go if I were to be excused from this stage of life. The right place with the wrong people and the wrong time, that's how I felt about this trip/tour.
By and large, my first impression on this visit back home and foreign tour is...whoohoo, I've realized my dream! (Well, at least one. duh.)
In a few months, I will be stepping into another realm that I am not so familiar with (well, not anymore, I mean). Getting to know the people and the place is just the matter the time. But this time, I decide to keep my distance and remain an audience, an active audience. And this time, I know no matter what happens, I still have myself that shall stand firmly and uprightly as if I were Michelangelo's David.