Some Chinese/Taiwanese people like to teach others; teaching, preaching and lecturing others with a certain attitude and tone fulfills a certain kind of vanity and sense of superiority.
Life is all about choices. Some choose to live a life others do not agree with; some choose to risk life that others do not dare. The term maturity varies in everyone's definition and so do many other terms and personalities. It's all about choice. No one, not even our parents or close beloved ones, is entitled to make the choice for us, let alone changing us without our own consent.
Free will is something that I know for a long long time. So far, in all stages of my life, I have tried to decide on the path and to live a life that does not go against my free will, even if reality-checks at times put me at risk of my free will and render doubt on what I have chosen. Yet, eventually, I stick with my own decision because it's still me that live my life; I am the one that needs to face the music and follow the drumbeat that I hear.
I can choose to quit now or I can choose to fight. Fight for a life that I dare myself to have and fight for a life that I still have high hope for. With or without help, I shall survive. To be and to live, with my beloved one and with hope, that's what matters to me.
You and those who whip will see my chin up. You and those who sneer at other's choices and have the intention to dominate other's choice and life may quit on me and forsake me. Whether you deem the act of quitting on me is leaving me here to die or you are worried about your own grace, that's all your choice; please leave me to mine. Survival the fittest, I know that and I still manage to find the fittest way to mold my own position and stand with my feet firmly on the ground.
Your age does not assure the maturity that you thought your experiences have defined you. Your fortune does not necessarily buy you everything you desire. Listen with your heart and open your mind, you'll see the reason and the truth about their choice and decision. You'll see there's no one particular way, the right way, to live this life. No one is entitled to be the judge or mentor for anyone else if s/he is not recognized with respect, admiration and total overwhelm.
Before you reveal yourself as a teacher, you need to shut up, stoop and open up all your senses. You need to open your heart to listen to, look at and feel those who stand in front of you, then you'll see whether you can manage to help him/her with what you've learnt and experienced.
Only then, you'll find the rubbish superiority dissolved and you yourself a true honest and sincere friend that others will listen to and appreciate their friendship with.
Thus I meditate.