28 July 2006

Wish I had wings

3:28 in the morning
I finally felt the tickles of snooze
It was Friday July 14th yesterday
It poured for the whole night
I recalled that I had opened the window for better ventilation
but I forgot to shut the windows before I hit the bed
I got up and did a thorough checkup in the hub
Insomnia accompanied me
especially in the long nights when you were away
As I turned off the light
a thick smell of heaviness and dullness
congested my breath
I closed my eyes and
there were hundreds and thousands words and characters
flipping leaping swerving popping up
between the lid and pituitary galnd
The thunder and the lightening were vibrant
like the brain wave's avid response in my head
Once calmed, the Id within me popped out
and threatened me with horrifying appellation and
the classical film clips of the horror classics
phantoms wisted-face candy man broken-limb zombies
all eagerly jumped out to make attempts and intimidation
reminding me of their hedious distorted figures so as to
have me stay alert
I lit up the night lamp, imagining the warmth
I felt was generated by you, the gorgeous sleepy
face lying right beside me
Then the voices called to my mind of my promise to you
the one about staying a simple and frugal life without
extra expenses, wasting, or any forms of redundancy
because of our limited sources and the few steps away from real poverty
I consoled myself by persuading me that
the light might shy away Melatonin underneath
my pineal body so that I would never fall sleep again.

I think of you
I miss you like hell
We have parted each other one hundred twelve hours and twenty four minutes
it is the fourth day after your thirtieth birthday
And I wish for a pair of strong wings
to fly me to you at this moment so
I do not need to pass on these endless
words characters narrations to tell you
how much I am in love with you