02 August 2005

?

At times
I wish that I were Houdini,
the one that performed magic, especially that of escaping.
Dreaming of evading away from the reality
and fly away, high and above...
From?
To?
In search of the answers,
I need that magic to disappear...
For how long?
to do what?
The nagging, the advices and the social expectation
are humming in my ears, telling me
to conform to the rules set and played in the game,
asking me to become one of them:
collecting assets and persuing fame...
Or else what?
What do you live for?
What are you so obsessed with titles?
Why do I have to put up with all these passive voice in me and
active voice from others?
You didn't respond to my questions
but you stared at me with equiece,
"Magic could be a manipulative scheme of conman, you know."

The doorbell rang, and then I relized that
I was talking to the sulfurry sunny-side-up
that lived quietly and reluctantly
in my plate;
with its docility that was gretting my fork and knife.