She had learned to like dresses and skirts. but she wasn't like that before five. Mom has always loved to mention what a whimsical child she has been since she was merely a baby. There was one incident particularly impressed mom, that occurred when she just turned one.
"You just turned one and was already a capricious child. Unlike your sister and brother, you always wanted and forced us to let you have your way. Or else, you woudln't give us a break; you would keep on crying, yelling and screaming for hours till your voice got coarse. "
"We spanked you, punished you or did something to soothe you, but we couldn't seem to ever ease your anger," as Dad recalled.
She is always amazed how difficult she has been despite her young age.
"So there was this once, as I said, you just turned one, and you'd shown us your determination. One afternoon, right before your noon nap, you wetted your pants and Granny tried to change you. After she tried in vain, I took over changing diaper for you. There you were, naked and slipery as the very first day you were born, with a satisfying smile on your face, hopeing to remain naked and undressed, unwraped with diaper. You seemed to be determined to defy me. but I was worried about your catching a chill, so I managed to catch you, who was crawling and toddling around the room, trying to get away from me."
So she was still a very 'natural' human being back then, she giggled to herself.
"However, every time I caught you, you slipped away and screamed at me. I was left with no choice but spanked you and scolded you. You began crying out loud and that made me even more edgy. I left you crying for ten minutes, being secretly suprised at your 'perserverance' at having your own way in such young an age. You cried and sobbed and yelled for an hour until you fell asleep that I dressed you up and put you in bed. But that's already too late: you'd caught a serious cold right then."